Re: Setup.exe snapshot

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 11:59:33PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>* Dependencies will only trigger installation of a package - they won't
>force an upgrade of an installed package. (with the caveat that in the
>future versioned dependencies may force upgrades).

Isn't this what has consistently gotten us into trouble?  Why not force
an update of a package if a package that depends on it is being upgraded?
This seems more intuitive to me.

Also, if we have no way to install all packages, then I think this new
release should be delayed.  We've been promising this for months.

If all that we need, however, is for upset to add things to a "Full"
category, which can be selected, I can do that.

cgf