This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Nicer than a splash screen !
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Torsten Giebl" <wizard at syntheticsoft dot com>,"[ML] CYGWIN" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 22:53:36 +1100
- Subject: Re: Nicer than a splash screen !
- References: <008601c19386$8c263720$713c9d3e@000729498394510028525626001>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Torsten Giebl" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "[ML] CYGWIN" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 11:09 PM
Subject: Nicer than a splash screen !
> In my opinion it would be nicer to have two options implented before a
> Download every Package with Source
> Download every Package without Source
> These options should select the newest package versions.
Does the first option mean 'when downloading a package download the
source' or does it mean 'for every package download both the package and
the source and do not ask whether to download the package or not' ?
If it's the first, I'll happily accept patchs - but for after the splash
screen, not for before it. (The whole point of a splash screen is to be
the first visible screen).
If it's the second interpretation, use wget, it's faster, more reliable
and designed for that sort of use.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html