This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe splash screen - mini-competition
- From: "Ryan T. Sammartino" <ryants at shaw dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:28:30 -0800
- Subject: Re: setup.exe splash screen - mini-competition
- References: <037d01c19369$3b87cfd0$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 07:41:11PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> The key design criterion are:
> 2) Must be related to, in an easily interpretable fashion, the Cygwin
> net release project.
> Something interesting and humorous is probably best.
I would vote myself for some kind of Swan (Cygwin, from Cygnus +
Windows, Cygnus = Swan (Latin)). May be too obvious and not as subtle
as an otter (?).
Another (potentially less humourous) idea would be for someone to
photograph (or obtain a photograph) or some other depiction of the
Cygnus constellation or the Cygnus X-1 black hole.
Just my Cdn$0.02.
Ryan T. Sammartino
"Oh, no, no... I'm not beautiful. Just very, very pretty."
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html