This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setting cygwin for the first time (newbie) question with CYGWIN=n tsec
- From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall at rfk dot com>
- To: Tim Michals <Tim dot Michals at Cygnetinc dot com>
- Cc: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 15:42:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: Setting cygwin for the first time (newbie) question with CYGWIN=n tsec
At 03:30 PM 1/3/2002, Tim Michals wrote:
>Installed cygwin from the net today, and set in the include file
What does this mean??
>CYGWIN=ntsec, ran mkpasswd -l -g > passwd and mkgroup -l > group in the /etc
Is ntsec set before any Cygwin process starts (i.e. bash?). Check out
the FAQ and user's guide regarding permission problems and ntsec. If
that information doesn't help, you'll want to inspect your system
configuration via 'cygcheck -s -r -v'. Send it to the list if careful
inspection doesn't suggest some problems to you.
Larry Hall email@example.com
RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html