This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Installation does not work
- From: Roger Simmons <contracts at flashmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 01:10:58 -0700
- Subject: Installation does not work
- Reply-to: swsupport at flashmail dot com
What is wrong with the latest version of Cygwin?
I ran setup.exe and saved all files to a local directory
and then installed from a local directory.
i get a lot of messages about tar, file-utils etc not
being available during the install.
After the install is complete I click on the
"cygwin" icon to run a bash shell and I can
not cd to certain drives like "cd //u" or
cd "//a" should take me to the U: and A:
drive respectively. I remember this used
I have had this problem on two occassions now
about a month apart.
any help would be appreciated.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html