This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to set up crontab file in cygwin?
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Jeff Lu" <jklcom at mindspring dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 02:56:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: How to set up crontab file in cygwin?
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <KOECLEOGILBHGEOOEBGNIEBICAAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Am 2002-01-06 um 00:26 schriebst du:
> This really helps. Are any commands that I can use in the crontab file
> such as telling it to run a particular script on certain of the week?
> Here's what I want to do:
> I want to run pg_dump daily. And I have 7 scripts namely
> mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, sat & sun
> I want it to execute the corresponding script for day
> For example today is Saturday, the cron with execute the script sat.
> Is there some documentation with all the commands I can use?
As I stated earlier, from $ man 5 crontab:
5 4 * * sun echo "run at 5 after 4 every sunday"
And please keep the conversation on <cygwin at cygwin.com> list
so other users may learn something too;)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html