This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing DBD-DB2 on cygwin running on Windows NT
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: A Hossain <ahossain1999 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:36:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: Installing DBD-DB2 on cygwin running on Windows NT
- Organization: convey Information Systems GmbH
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
2002-01-07 13:33:10, du schriebst:
> I am trying install perl DBD-DB2 driver on cygwin
> running on Windows NT. I installed DBI module
> successfully. But having errors installing DBD-DB2
> My Operating System: Windows NT 4.0
> Database: IBM DB2 7.0
> 1. While generating makefile, there is a warning
> regarding no library found -ldb2.
You need to create an import library for db2.dll named libdb2.dll.a
> 2. In SQLLIB\lib db2api.lib and db2cli.lib are found.
> How GNU gcc comilper links with IBM db2api.lib and
> db2cli.lib files?
This is not possible.
> 3. make is failing to generate dll file.
Sure. No undefined symbols allowed on windows.
> Please help me out to install perl DBD-DB2 driver on
Create an import lib of the IBM db2.dll and link against it.
I don't have db2 here, but I did this successfull with a
windows version of Oracle.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html