This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: zip and Cygwin
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: Jorge Goncalvez <goncal11 at col dot bsf dot alcatel dot fr>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 11:29:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: zip and Cygwin
- References: <200201071546.QAA19075@cabs40.col.bsf.alcatel.fr>
Jorge Goncalvez wrote:
> Hi, I wonder if it is possible to make an excutable (Win32 exe ) with zip.
> I tried with th eoption -A but it didn't make an exe.
According to the man page for zip, -A is for adjusting the internal
offset records within a pre-existing self extracting archive, created by
prepending the 'SFX' stub to the front of the zip archive. However, as
documented by the man page, -A only works on the Amiga port of zip.
The SFX stub is not distributed with GNU zip -- it's actally part of the
PKzip distribution I think. (It wouldn't make sense to have a GNU
version of the SFX stub -- think about the sourcecode redistribution
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html