This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
privilege inheritance ?
- From: B <lau_bella at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:03:06 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: privilege inheritance ?
For h:\home\UserA, privilege set in w2k security tabs:
Domain Admin, local admin, UserA, UserB
UserA is in group None. UserA use Cygwin to make
- directory in h:\home\UserA\menu and
- file in h:\home\UserA\menu\file,
the ownership are UserA:None (in ls -l and win2k
security tabs). It is because the directory menu and
file are created by UserA.
Can the "menu" and "file" inherite security of
h:\home\UserA ? I want both UserA, UserB, Domain admin
and local admin have rwx, but not for same group and
other group users to have rwx "menu" and "file".
What do I can for inheritance ?
Many thanks !
Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html