This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [avail for test] ncurses-5.2-8 and libncurses6-5.2-8
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:33:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: [avail for test] ncurses-5.2-8 and libncurses6-5.2-8
- References: <3C3BE9EE.email@example.com>
On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 01:57:50AM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Can somebody verify that they can now build packages without
> -DBROKEN_LINKER when previously that switch was required?
I can successfully rebuild Python 2.2 without -DBROKEN_LINKER --
specifically, the _curses module now links without any errors.
> If you maintain a package that depends on libncurses6, ensure that
> your *CURRENT* version still works when cygncurses6.dll has been
> upgraded -- without recompiling your client package.
I "tested" Cygwin Python 2.2-1 which was built against the previous
ncurses version and did not uncover any problems. By, "tested" I mean
imported the _curses module into the Python interpreter. I have never
personally used this module, so I don't have the knowledge to easily
test it further.
Thanks for fixing the BROKEN_LINKER issue.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html