This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim and color
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: dhorne at xtra dot co dot nz
- Cc: Randall R Schulz <rrschulz at cris dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:27:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: vim and color
- References: <BLEDKFLJDLPNJONGFLHNAEHBCAAB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dan Horne wrote:
> Thanks Randall
> upon further investigation (and putting .vimrc in my home directory on not
> gvimrc doh) I've discovered that color-coding is working if I use the
> command window. However, if I use rxvt, I lose color and instead get text
> emphasis in bolds and underlines. Obviously, I'm missing something but not
> sure what.
What does `echo $TERM' say? "xterm" doesn't support color -- but "rxvt"
when you're using rxvt. Use TERM=cygwin when you use the
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html