This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim and color
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: dhorne at xtra dot co dot nz
- Cc: Randall R Schulz <rrschulz at cris dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:51:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: vim and color
- References: <BLEDKFLJDLPNJONGFLHNEEHDCAAB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dan Horne wrote:
> term is set to xterm. If I do ls -l --color (or set the ls alias to do so),
> the listing is indeed in colour.
Because 'ls.exe' is less careful about emitting color codes than vim is.
You can even try this: within vim, type
and the :r a file in. It should now show up in color.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html