This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: FW: ast on cygwin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: Karsten Fleischer <K dot Fleischer at omnium dot de>
- Cc: Glenn Fowler <gsf at research dot att dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:28:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: FW: ast on cygwin
- References: <DIENLECHGMDAEJHGMEBCGEAMCBAA.K.Fleischer@omnium.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 02:12:43AM +0100, Karsten Fleischer wrote:
>I know you don't like private mail.
No, I don't. I am redirecting this to the project mailing list.
>But, could this statement from Glenn tame you a bit...
If anyone looked at sources which have any restrictive license then
they are tainted.
I know this sounds ridiculous, and I don't like, it but it is really not
something I want to experiment with -- especially when both companies
presumably have lawyers on staff who are interested in things like this.
Why don't you post the licensing of the source code that you inspected?
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Glenn Fowler [mailto:email@example.com]
>> Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 5:20 PM
>> To: K.Fleischer@omnium.de
>> Subject: RE: ast on Cygwin
>> > > I've finally contacted the Cygwin folks...
>> you looked at the ast sources, not uwin
>> and you only looked at the cygwin workaround part of ast
>> if that is a hangup point then maybe something can be done for that part
>> uwin source has not been released, so you are not uwin tainted
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html