This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compiling apps to Mingw32 with cygwin
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Earnie Boyd" <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>,"CU List" <Cygwin at Cygwin dot Com>
- Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 00:11:56 +1100
- Subject: Re: Compiling apps to Mingw32 with cygwin
- References: <3C3EDCA7.C40E3CD6@yahoo.com> <3C3EDDAD.275EE044@yahoo.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Earnie Boyd" <email@example.com>
> This rule is changed for 2.50 and greater. Build no longer takes on
> value of host and you're warned about this when specifying --host
> without specifying --build. IIRC, if you specify build without host
> then host takes on the value of build but I may be wrong on this
The autoconf 2.5 manual specifies that build takes on the value of host
AND that a warning is generated. I've also checked the generated macros,
and that is the behaviour.
I too thought that the build was checked if --host was specified but
build omited in 2.5 which is why I investigated.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html