This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.ini for custom distrobution
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Michael Adler" <adler at glimpser dot org>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 10:35:31 +1100
- Subject: Re: setup.ini for custom distrobution
- References: <Pine.NEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Adler" <email@example.com>
> How can I write a setup.ini so that it will install everything without
> having to click on 40 packages?
1) Don't use a setup.ini.
2) Put everything into base.
3) read http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html
> If this is a RTFM situation, please show me the Fine Manual.
No, it's a case of read the manual we wish we had time to write. The
cygwin-apps archives include the discussion on setup development, which
would answer this for you.
> If it goes well, I might write a doc 'how to create your own cygwin
Right now, with the number of contributors we've got, this could be
Also, you don't _need_ a custom distribution with the next release of
setup. You can just merge in a 2nd setup.ini that causes the changes you
want, and adds any needed packages.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html