This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help with xfree86 cygwin install on NT4
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Rhuel dot Mcelhatten at usa dot xerox dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:42:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: Help with xfree86 cygwin install on NT4
- References: <4CFB0866A7D0D411BC8700508B6937B94E2B64@USA0102MS1>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Wrong mailing list.
Redirected to correct mailing list.
On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 05:35:28PM -0500, Mcelhatten, Rhuel wrote:
> I recently installed Cygwin on an NT4 machine, service pack 5. After
>doing so I installed the XFree86 binaries, version 4.1.0, but I get the
>"\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\XWin.exe is not a valid Windows NT application" when
>running the startxwin.bat script included with the XFree86 binaries. If i
>try running the startxwin.sh or just running XWin.exe from the Cygwin shell,
>the only error I receive is 'Access Denied'. Any help would be appreciated.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html