Re: libtool-devel and kde2

I believe Chuck has already answered much of this. Some things stand out

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralf Habacker" <>
> Environment
> AUTO_DEVEL=/usr/autotool/stable

^This is wrong^ You will be using the stable libtool, which is pre-MLB.

> checking how to run the C preprocessor... grep: conftest.out: No such
file or directory
>                                                 ^^^ this depends on

> The only way to solve this problem seems to be exporting CC=gcc before
configuring. Any ideas

None. I've seen it myself, haven't checked why. Does anything go _wrong_
if that error appears?

2. I have problems configuring language specific support with
libtool.Unfortunally the kde2
project is configured with the "Multiple Language Branch"-libtool which
creates language
specific and files.

> Additional I have to use the following lines to create a basic
configuration for configuring
> an installable
> libltdl. Instead I expected - as I have read in the doc - the line
> should be enough.

I've not seen libtldl installed that way ever, which doesn't mean much

However, You *don't* need to install libtldl - it will be provided when
Chuck's libtool packages make it into setup.ini - they include a

> The following commands are used to create the project, which is
> libtoolize -c -f --ltdl
> cp /usr/autotool/devel/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 acinclude.m4

This is wrong. If acinclude is the same as your libtool file, just rm
acinclude.m4. At the moment you're actually using parts of two different
libtool versions.

Unsubscribe info:
Bug reporting: