This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bug Report: wrong file size displayed in bash for files over 2Gb (Windows 2k, Cygwin 188.8.131.52)
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: "CHARTIER,BRUNO (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <bruno_chartier at hp dot com>
- Cc: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:37:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bug Report: wrong file size displayed in bash for files over 2Gb (Windows 2k, Cygwin 184.108.40.206)
- References: <580F4ACFCD8F4E439B06B815110418C7B3031D@xcup03.cup.hp.com>
Hey, Bruno :)
CHARTIER,BRUNO (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> I checked in the FAQs and mailing list archives and did not find the bug,
> please ignore if I was blind enough to bypass it!
I didnt check hard enough then :) - Look this thread:
> output into the file "tape.tar". it executes perfectly but "bash" seems to
> be confused to display the file size (probably because > 2Gb).
Yes, this is the problem.
> I attached the output of both a "cmd.exe" window and the cygwin bash window.
And you reported a wrong Cygwin version in you subject too :P
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html