This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to stop ftp in Cygwin
- From: Andrew DeFaria <ADeFaria at Salira dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:29:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: How to stop ftp in Cygwin
- Organization: Salira Optical Networks
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tiffany Chan <email@example.com> wrote:
> I want to use Microsoft FTP Service, so I would like to stop the "Ftp"
> in Cygwin (inetd), of course, i use
> cygwin for telnet.
> How to stop "ftp" in cygwin ?
The basic idea is to comment out the ftp entry in /etc/inetd.conf then
cause inetd to reread its configuration or:
$ sed 's/^ftp/\#ftp/' /etc/inetd.conf > /etc/inetd.new # Comment out ftp
entry in /etc/inetd.conf
$ mv /etc/inetd.new /etc/inetd.conf # Move new file into place
$ net stop inetd # Stop inetd
$ net start inetd # Restart inetd
Note that you could also send a sighup to the inetd to cause it to
reread it's configuration (of course there are two inetd processes
running and I'm not sure if you need to send the sighup to both or not).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html