This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fire Windows programs using cron...
- From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall at rfk dot com>
- To: Evgeny Apanasenko <eugene_news at gmx dot net>, Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:46:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fire Windows programs using cron...
- References: <20020116204609.X2015@cygbert.vinschen.de>
At 03:34 PM 1/16/2002, Evgeny Apanasenko wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 07:59:32PM +0100, Evgeny Apanasenko wrote:
> > You would have to switch on the `Allow service to interact with
> > desktop' facility to the cron service. That would result in
> > a console window always visible when cron is runing, though.
> > Actually, cron isn't designed to start GUI apps.
> > Corinna
>Thanks for the answer, it works.
>By the way is it possible to hide DOS-window appering when cron service is
I think Corinna's response implied the answer to this question. To state
it more emphatically for you though, the answer is no.
Larry Hall email@example.com
RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html