This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: A small problem in Shell Scripts while using the built-in "read" function -- Options not recognised
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:31:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: A small problem in Shell Scripts while using the built-in "read" function -- Options not recognised
- References: <5100B8473B3ED511B22B009027DE29093CF0F4@AKASH>
On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 05:34:24PM +0530, Surendar Singh Bisht wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> I'm using bash 2.05.0(8)-release on win98. I'm confronting a small
> problem in shell scripts execution while using the built-in "read" function.
> But the same script executes smoothly when I run this code on the command
The script is running under sh which is ash, not bash. ash doesn't
know these `read' options. As workaround prepend
to your script or start it via `bash -c script'.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html