This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: A small problem in Shell Scripts while using the built-in "read" function -- Options not recognised
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: chet at po dot cwru dot edu
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:34:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: A small problem in Shell Scripts while using the built-in "read" function -- Options not recognised
- References: <020117142205.AA92465.SM@nike.ins.cwru.edu>
On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 09:22:05AM -0500, Chet Ramey wrote:
> > The script is running under sh which is ash, not bash. ash doesn't
> > know these `read' options. As workaround prepend
> > #!/bin/bash
> > to your script or start it via `bash -c script'.
> Why the `-c'? `bash script' should work just fine.
Chet, did you apply the pathcanon.c patch I've send you on 2001-11-17?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html