This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: A small problem in Shell Scripts while using the built-in "read" function -- Options not recognised
- From: Surendar Singh Bisht <suren at duncaninfotech dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, chet at po dot CWRU dot Edu
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:33:10 +0530
- Subject: RE: A small problem in Shell Scripts while using the built-in "read" function -- Options not recognised
Corinna Thanks !! & Thanks Chet!!
The Workaround is doing great.
Now the things are back in the places.
From: Chet Ramey [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, 17 January 2002 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: A small problem in Shell Scripts while using the built-in
"read" function -- Options not recognised
> The script is running under sh which is ash, not bash. ash doesn't
> know these `read' options. As workaround prepend
> to your script or start it via `bash -c script'.
Why the `-c'? `bash script' should work just fine.
``The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.'' - Chaucer
( ``Discere est Dolere'' -- chet)
Chet Ramey, CWRU chet@po.CWRU.Edu http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html