This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygcheck ... >/dev/clipboard doesn't work
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 02:01:52 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygcheck ... >/dev/clipboard doesn't work
- References: <000001c19fec$2a01e4f0$5ad08ec6@Jason>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 05:48:38PM +1100, Jason C. Johnston wrote:
>A google toolbar search of the email archives hasn't turned up an answer
>to this, so just for information (the workaround is obvious):
>Like the subject line says, redirecting the output of cygcheck to
>/dev/clipboard doesn't change the contents of the clipboard, whereas
>doing it in two steps - redirecting cygcheck's output to a file, then
>cat'ing the file with redirection to /dev/clipboard, does work.
/dev/clipboard is a cygwin construction. cygcheck.exe is not a cygwin program,
so it can't really output anything to it.
It's unfortunate, but that's how it works.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html