This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug in 'mv'
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 23:36:41 -0500
- Subject: Re: bug in 'mv'
- References: <NGBBKCOPODJIKBBNMHPGIEEDCAAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 04:34:31AM -0000, Chris Ruffin wrote:
>mv from fileutils 4.1 doesn't use a case-insensitive test to make sure
>that we aren't doing something stupid like:
>$ mv A a
>where A is a directory. This causes mv to go into infinite recursion
>trying to move A to a, because windows is case-insensitive.
Submit a patch and it will be fixed.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html