Re: cvs question

cygcheck -s -v -r

Sorry it doesn't work for you.  It works for many other people. I use it
daily.  Works best if your disks are mounted in binary (unix) mode.

S.Yoshida wrote:

> cvs 1.11.0-1
> cygwin 1.3.6-6
> gdbm 1.8.0.-3
> failed cvs import

What is CVSROOT?
Did you 'cvs init' first?  (the documentation says to do that...)

> and download source of cvs with setup.exe
> patch cygwin

Why?  Source is shipped *pre* patched for use on cygwin.  By applying
the patch, you removed all of the changes made to support the cygwin port.

> configure
> make
> make install
> then, failed cvs (update, checkout, diff, import, everything)

Not surprising.  You broke it by reverting the cygwin changes.

> OK, Where can I get real cvs.

Okay, I don't want to help you anymore.

It's usually not a good idea to insult someone's effort and then ask for
their help.

> WinCVS is not good, (WinCVS can't read CVS/Entries, CVS/...
> these files created by cygwin cvs, so I download all files per every time)
> NetBeans is very good, fastest, but NetBeans can not
> access local repository and need 100mb over memory.
> @cygwin = binmode envcache glob nontsec ntea nowinsymlinks notty
> with ntsec (failed all chmod ) (cvs init failed)
> with ntea   (ok)
> with tty      (ps displays already killed processes)
> @bash   = 2.05a.0(2)-release
> @uname  = CYGWIN_NT-5.0 GALAXY999 1.3.6(0.47/3/2) 2001-12-08 17:02 i686 unknown
> Thanks.

Unsubscribe info: