This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bug? No _TCHAR type is defined
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: apa3a at yahoo dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:34:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: Bug? No _TCHAR type is defined
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 07:30:44AM -0800, Andriy Palamarchuk wrote:
>Type _TCHAR is not defined in cygwin tchar.h header,
>only TCHAR type. According to Microsoft documentation
>type _TCHAR should be used for creating Unicode/ANSII
>MBCS Survival Guide at
>"For ANSI conformance, the "official" type is _TCHAR.
>In practice, either TCHAR or _TCHAR is acceptable."
>See also "Using Generic-Text Mappings" at:
Cygwin doesn't actually have a 'tchar.h'. There is one in /usr/include/mingw,
though, so you should check with that project about this: http://www.mingw.org .
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html