This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin & Perl & locale
- From: Jörg Schaible <joerg dot schaible at gmx dot de>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:41:45 +0100
- Subject: Cygwin & Perl & locale
- Organization: JSI
everytime I call perldoc I get an error message like
locale: not found
According to perllocale a call to "perl -V:d_setlocale" shows whether perl is built with locale support or not.
Obviously Perl available via Cygwin was build with locale support.
Since Cygwin currently has an incomplete support for locales, how can I configure perl to ignore the locales?
Any hint given by perllocale did not work:
- setting LC_ALL to "C"
- setting PERL_BADLANG to 0
Any other ideas?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html