This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
File mode judgement
- From: "Wu Yongwei" <adah at netstd dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:10:28 +0800
- Subject: File mode judgement
In the past, Cygwin seemed to judge whether a file is executable on a
combination of suffix and content. However, today when I reinstalled Cygwin,
I suddenly found that it no more did it. Now on a NTFS volume it depends
only on file attributes.
1) Is it a design change?
2) Is it possible to switch back to the old behaviour?
Thank you in advance. Reply to this mail address, please.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html