This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rxvt requires libx11.dll?
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: James Garrison <jhg at athensgroup dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:06:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: rxvt requires libx11.dll?
- References: <3C503B53.firstname.lastname@example.org>
James Garrison wrote:
> Just curious, but why is rxvt included in the cygwin distro
> when it appears to require libx11.dll, which only comes with
It doesn't require libx11.dll. It can USE libx11.dll under certain
circumstances. Basically, it dynamically loads (using dlopen()) either
libX11.dll or libW11.dll depending on the value of the DISPLAY
environment variable. Try this:
'rxvt.exe -display :0 -title rxvt-noX -e bash -login'
and you'll get the "native Windows, nonX" behavior.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html