This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: PostgreSQL and Cygipc as a Service
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: David Ecker <david at ecker-software dot de>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:30:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and Cygipc as a Service
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 10:10:10PM +0100, David Ecker wrote:
> I tried to install the ipc-deamon and the postmaster as a nt service. The
> installation was ok. I could start "(net start) ipc-deamon" and after that
> I could start the "(net start) postmaster" service. I also added a
> requirement that the postmaster server is not started before the ipc-deamon
> is started.
> But 3 out of 4 times when I restart the system the postmaster service won't
> be started (no error message showing up either). Sometimes even the
> ipc-deamon is not started. It doesn't matter if I use NT 4 or 5, the same
> thing on both OS systems on different computers.
> Does anybody have any idea?
Try the following:
Does it fix your problem?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html