This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New setup.exe snapshot
- From: "John A. Turner" <john dot turner at pobox dot com>
- To: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:53:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: New setup.exe snapshot
- References: <0a2c01c1a325$ea4cbe60$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
Robert Collins wrote:
> Any and all testing/feedback is needed.
I've been using it for a while, and have a bit of feedback...
o if the window gets covered up, clicking on its button on the
taskbar doesn't bring it back to the top like it does with other
o it seems to crash on certain mirrors - the ones I've had crash
setup.ini partially downloads, then kaboom - actually, it appears
that the only one that works reliably for me is ftp://mirrors.rcn.net
note that the old setup.exe (188.8.131.52) works fine on the others
o maybe I'm misunderstanding, but when I get to the "Select packages
to install" window, if I click "View" until I get "Full", then
select "Exp", most packages show up as "Uninstall", with a few showing
versions newer than what I have
shouldn't all those other pkgs be "Keep" rather than "Uninstall"?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html