This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: lgamma function not available with -mno-cygwin
- From: Tim Prince <tprinceusa at mindspring dot com>
- To: "William D. Kirby" <wdkirby at ix dot netcom dot com>,Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 16:51:38 -0800
- Subject: Re: lgamma function not available with -mno-cygwin
- References: <3C548B30.F9D6FDCF@ix.netcom.com>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Sunday 27 January 2002 15:20, William D. Kirby wrote:
> I'm working with the beta cvs version of GNUPLOT. The X11 version
> compiles and tests fine using CYGWIN v1.3.9-1 build, but I get an error
> message testing the WIN32 version (i.e., -mno-cygwin). The gnuplot
> generated error message during testing says that libc does not contain
> the lgamma function.
> I would assume that the WIN32 and X11 versions would have equally
> capable libc libraries. I attempted to use the math lib -lm, but got a
> run time error that it could not find cygwin1.dll.
> Is there a work around, and could the WIN32 build be missing lgamma for
> some reason?
Surely the gnuplot people have run into this with more than one target. The
lgamma function is not a standard libm function, so its existence can't be
counted upon. The library employed by cygwin is newlib, also out of the
sphere of influence of cygwin, thus OT.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html