RE: Access Denied

If the problem is in _remote_ log in, it sounds like an /etc/passwd problem.

Did you make sure to run mkpasswd -l >/etc/passwd (for local) or mkpasswd -d
>/etc/passwd (for domain--my guess is that you want this) _after_ creating
new accounts? Creating the accounts prior to installing Cygwin should
suffice, but make sure that /etc/passwd contains entries for each user whom
you would like to be able to log in through some Cygwin service (i.e. ssh,
ftp, etc.)

Beyond that, yes, make you installed for "everybody" and that the Cygwin
installation is executable by more people than Administrator. That is,
adjust NTFS access permissions to taste (unless someone has a robust policy
they would like to share...).  It's possible that setup.exe sets these
permissions for you when installing for "everybody"--if not, it would be
nice if it did.

Jason Alonso