This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: links
- From: Sami Tikka <sami dot tikka at welho dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:10:43 -0500
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: links
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
[I'm sorry this announcement is so late. My ISP has been blackholed and
I was waiting for that to be fixed but apparently it's not going to
happen anytime soon...]
The 'links' package is now available via setup.exe
Links is a text-based browser with support for HTML tables and frames.
* a light and stable alternative to the big GUI browsers;
* a colour terminal (X11/GUI or console);
* lightning-fast loading and rendering of pages;
* is ideal for users who prefer to read page content without the
distraction and load of images.
* bookmarks, rebindable keys, multi-language support, multiple
* background downloads (with multiple simultaneous connections);
* support for FTP (not passive FTP) and LOCALFILE protocols, HTTP
and FTP proxies;
* SSL support
* Partial support for HTML4.0
* Configurable MIME types using file extensions and associations
This is the first Cygwin release.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick
up 'libxslt' from the 'Doc' or 'Lib' categories. You may need to click
the "Full" button if it doesn't show up.
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.
In the US, ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.
In Japan, ftp://ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/gnu/gnu-win32/ is already
In DK, http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/cygwin/ is usually up-to-date.
If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package
you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another
Please send questions or comments to the Cygwin mailing list at:
email@example.com . If you want to subscribe go to:
http://cygwin.com/lists.html I would appreciate if you would use
this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
list is the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Sami Tikka, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.iki.fi/sti/
/* No comment */
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html