This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Ling F. Zhang" <lingfengz at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:58:56 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: RE: security?
well, yeah...that's why I am saying, 4 fun.
okay, let me split up the question then:
1) what I want is NOT to keep someone from using
cygwin, but wonder I can group some user so that I can
mess with the permission of files...you know, the
chmod xxx filename thingy. I know, those file can be
accessed from windows explorer anyway...but what the
heck, I said it's just for fun and for practicing my
newly learned unix skill.
2) then I do want to be able to block someone from
SSHing in...how do I do that? I can't created those
etc/.passwd caz passwd won't run in win9x...can anyone
give me detail on how to setup my sshd?? (assume that
I know nothing pleaes).
Do You Yahoo!?
Great stuff seeking new owners in Yahoo! Auctions!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html