Re: autoconf 2.52a-1: M4PATH not being honoured through wrapper script.

James Harvey wrote:

> OK, thanks. A colleague of mine noticed a bug, in that:
>
> export M4PATH=${AUTO_STABLE}/share/autoconf:${M4PATH}
>
> will set M4PATH to '/foo/share.autoconf:' if it was not previously set, and
> an empty path equates to the current directory, which is probably not what
> was intended.

How do you figure that?  "/foo/share/autoconf:" contains only a single
directory.  It is not equivalent to "/foo/share/autoconf:."

Anyway, it doesn't really matter -- m4 *always* searches the current
working directory, regardless of the value of ${M4PATH} or the use of -I
options.  See 'info m4'.

> This really needs a check to see whether M4PATH was previously
> set, and only appending to it if so. This isn't an issue for PATH because
> you assume it is always set to something.

I don't think it's an issue for M4PATH, either.  (OTOH, your *other*
bugreport is a valid concern, and I'm fixing that now...)

--Chuck