Re: Failed: Installing Postgresql under Cygwin on win98se

Hehe, just thank you guys for patience!

Well, i´ve found the error. And - ´twas not a Cygwin error, so you may sleep
peacefully again! *gg*

Now I could tell you the story, but it sounds TOO strange, that you wouldn´t believe
me....Just to say so:
I had a FAT32-partition, that was a former NTFS partition I converted, but it didn´t
belong to the hdd that it seemed to,
and I had strange behaviour....now I cleaned up everything, discovered that the
partition was STILL an NTFS (but working fine under win98 *lol*) and was a part of
the 2nd hdd...hehe nice story, that was why I had these errors an crashes....

Now everything is fine, I installed Postgres & pgAdminII and Cygwin does its best (so
far)!!!

So my resumeé: never trust a driver that manages ntfs under win98. and never trust
partition magic when it says a partition belongs to HD xy!!! ;)

Thanks,

Tom