Re: is there a cl.exe wrapper for cygwin

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 08:12:21PM +0800, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> Does such a thing exist? (and one for lib, link & rc as well)

Yes. SN Systems uses such a system to integrate the GameCube
cross-compiler (which is gcc based) with Visual Studio.
Intel also has such a system so that you can easily switch
between MS cl.exe and intelc.exe.

> If not, I
> would like to make one, I know most of how to do it, only thing I dont
> know is what code to use to execute gcc once the arguments are passed,
> what code to use to wait until gcc has finised and what code to use to
> pass the return code from gcc back to the process that called the cl stub.

Uh... sounds like you've got a lot of learning ahead of you then :)

--
Ryan T. Sammartino
http://members.shaw.ca/ryants/