CC and GCC etc

Howdy all!

I have been trying to make some files and encountered an error message
indicating "cc" could not be found. Someone suggested to me that I should
make sure that:

(a) GCC is installed on your machine
(b) make is installed on your machine
(c) the development packages for libc, plus graphics libraries, Win32
    (or X11) headers, LDAP libraries and anything else you want linked
    in are available.

Can I obtain all of these for Cygwin?

I am very sure I downloaded all libraries available to me at when I
installed, so does this mean that (if they are available) they are not
Cygwin products and I have to get them somewhere else?

If so, could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Rob

:)
:-}