Re: ps command - revisited

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 05:17:42PM -0400, CRuprecht@Exchange.WebMD.net wrote:
>Hi all, specially Corinna,
>
>Corinna, maybe you can help out here. The UNIX ps command reports all and
>every process running on the machine, the Windows (cygwin) ps command
>however, omits WinNT/Win2K services, which is something we would like to
>have working. Would it be possible to extent the current version of the ps
>command to include this or can this become a future project?

I'm not sure why you would expect Corinna to "help out here" as I was
the one who added the '-W' functionality to 'ps'.

The answer to your question is "No".  It is very unlikely that anyone
would be interested in adding this kind of functionality to 'ps'.

I suggest you look into other alternatives.  If it is possible to list
services then surely there is a tool out there which already does that.

Maybe you've already investigated this however, this topic really has
nothing to do with Cygwin.  You probably will have better luck in
some other mailing list or newsgroup.

cgf