problems running apache and path settings

Thanks for ur help

U are right , i'm running win 98

I tried specifying the path directly in the console   that is
/usr/sbin/apache.exe

but i get an error for allocating memory   ????

I did that because i don't know how to set the path in cygwin

I have no  etc/profile       what i have is     etc/profile.d

Maybe that's a silly Question but why doesn't the installer automatically
set the path as it did for all the other packages i installed through it ??
I thought it was meant to do that

for example i installed the  bzip2
and typing  bzip2 in the console perfectly works w/o doing anything in
particular
why isn't the same with ash and Apache   ???????