Re: Odd question

Internet Explorer is stupid about FTP.  I've seen this problem before;
what happens is that IE thinks that your remote working directory is
always set to the root / when it is really something like /home/user,
hence the problems navigating out of your home directory.  If your
version of IE automatically converts the URL from ftp://user@server/ to
ftp://user@server/home/user, then that's a good thing and it is the
correct behaviour.

I've had other problems with IE such as it replacing the URL
ftp://user@server/path with ftp://user:passwd@server/path at random
times while browsing the remote site.  I *don't* want my password
displayed in the URL!  This is with IE 5.50.4522.1800.

Basically, the solution is to use a better FTP client.

					-Mark