RE: setup.exe 2.218.2.8/9 broken

(text deleted)

> (3) bug #2: minor issues with parsing "buried" setup.ini
> files -- that
> belong to things NOT cygwin-setup.exe-related.  This happens
> only when
> someone says "My local setup directory is HERE" when HERE has
> subdirectories that don't belong to cygwin-setup.  (That's
> bad, don't do
> that: setup's 'local directory' is his own personal playground and he
> doesn't play well with others)

I hope that this isn't going to be the solution to the problem of
setup.exe finding non-setup.exe setup.ini files.  Although I don't think
that I will make this mistake again, I expect that it will happen to
future users who are not reading this list today.

Also, I'd like to suggest that when setup.exe finds syntax errors in a
setup.ini file, it log those messages in a file so that the messages can
be used in reporting problems with setup.exe.  I've been unable to
cut&paste the text from the windows that list the parsing errors.

-mark