Re: Cygwin mirrors synchronisation problem?

>     Up through Setup-2.243 I receive that error if I select the source for
> "setup: The Cygwin Net Distribution installer and updater program." in
> category Net.  No select, no error.  As for the problem of mirror
> synchronization, I suspect you will always find that mirror sites are
> synchronized on different schedules.  If you have observed that one mirror
> is synchronized more frequently, then by all means, use it.

Actually I did not select _any_ source package, only binaries. So
obviously I got a different error than you.

As for the synchronisation, I think I just misunderstood the logistics
of the mirrors. Previously I thought the sites were centerally managed
by the Cygwin project using some coordinated mirroring machanism, while
now, after some reading, I believe the mirror sites are totally
autonomous which could be updated hourly, daily, weekly, or not at all!
So, as you hinted, I will just use the Esslingen server since it's
updated more frequently, and I do recommand it to all other european
users, especially those within the German Research Network (DFN).

Huijing

--
Huijing Zhou <hj@cip.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de>
CIP Computer Lab, Faculty of Economics