The road to 1.3.11 -- please try the latest snapshot

On Wednesday 29 May 02, Christopher Faylor writes:
> I'm close to releasing cygwin 1.3.11 but I need feedback on the current
> state of cygwin.  So, please try a snapshot at:
>
>   http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>
> To install a snapshot:
>
>   1) Download the latest cygwin-20020???.dll.bz2 file from the above
>      web page into a temporary directory.
>
>   2) bunzip2 cygwin-20020???.dll.bz2
>
>   3) copy c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll.saf
>
>   4) copy cygwin-20020???.dll c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll

On NT4 with CYGWIN=ntsec, I found it necessary to right-click on
c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll in explorer, properties, permissions,
and grant read-access to everyone.  Before I did that, I got
"application failed to initialize" error pop-up whenever I tried to
invoke any Cygwin application.

It might not happen to everyone, and it has come up on the list
before.  But I thought it worth mentioning, in case others encounter
this and would otherwise be quite confused.

Beyond that, with this snapshot, I have no trouble doing the things I
normally do on NT4.  (inetd, sshd, xemacs, rsync)

Thanks,
David