Re: associating(?) .sh scripts

Andrew, et al --

...and then Andrew Markebo said...
%
% / David T-G <davidtg-cygwin@justpickone.org> wrote:
% | Hi, all --
% |
% | I have a shell script "meta-play.sh" which I run to collect metadata
% | after I burn an MP3 CD.  I cd into the source directory and run
% |
% |   ../meta-play.sh cdname
%
% >From where? The bash script?? command/cmd??

Whoops, sorry.  A bash prompt.

%
% What does the first lines of meta-play.sh look like, what about
% dos/unix newlines..

It does not have a shebang line, since I never figured out how to
properly put one in (but also never needed one), and it is almost
certainly in DOS format though I use vim and never worry any more about
line feed translation :-)  As below, I'll let you know.

%
% What does it say if you do 'file meta-play.sh', ls -l of it?

I'll tell you this evening when I get home to try it :-)  I'm confident
that ls -l will just show the file but don't know for sure about any
permissions (I read with interest the recent post on "they're all
executable", since I see that too) but don't know what file will say.

%
%         /Andy
%
% --
%  The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!

Thanks again & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@justpickone.org * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie
(work) davidtgwork@justpickone.org