DOS Special Names

I've run into a problem creating a regular file with the name
COM20000.  I can create this file from Windows, either using
fopen() or in a Command window, but not when using Cygwin.
Windows does prevent creating files named COMx, where x is a
single digit.

The code in winsup/cygwin/path.cc checks to see if the file
name is COM followed by any integer, not just a single digit.
Is this intentional or an error?

Shouldn't Cygwin check to see if there is an installed driver
named COM (or AUX, etc.) rather than just assume that all COMxxxx
are supposed to be devices?

--
Michael Eager     eager@mvista.com	408-328-8426
MontaVista Software, Inc. 1237 E. Arques Ave., Sunnyvale, CA  94085