Are there good and bad times to download a copy of Cygwin?

We have a group of people using the Cygwin command line tools (not compilers).
Because we all want to use the same copy,  I do a "download from internet" and
make the copy available to everyone. We try not to upgrade two often to avoid
the effort of testing new versions. In this scenario, I want to make sure that I
get a good, stable copy.

Are there "better" and "worse" times to take a copy of cygwin?   ( It's always
"good" to download cygwin :)   Some Open Source  tools have even and odd
numbered releases that tell you something  about the stability of the release.

Do you think that it's better to grab a copy just before the release of the new
cygwin.dll  ( and be stuck with an old copy) , or just after ( and be stuck with
a buggy copy) ?

Bob.