Re: [CYGWIN] Perl with Postrges under Cygwin

Hallo Jim.George,

>> DBD::Pg builds OOTB, with current DBI and Cygwin Perl versions.

> I downloaded DBD::Pg but the README.win32 talks about Active-Perl, NT4, and

Huh?  We are talking about Cygwin.  No Win32 is involved here.

> <snip>
<snap>

> Could you explain to me the packages I need (and dependencies) to be able to use
> perl with postresql under cygwin?

Cygwin, Perl, PostgreSQL, GCC, binutils, make, and some more
buildtools like sed, bash,  much is already in the base
category if you've installed Cygwin with setup.exe.

Then, after having a running postgres DB you can install DBI and
DBD::Pg.

Just use the CPAN module:
Call on the command line:

$ cpan

And on the CPAN shell do (after init if neccessary):
1.
cpan> install DBI
2.
cpan> install DBD::Pg

Thats it.

If you got problems with the latest DBD::Pg version, post the
output of the single calls 'perl Makefile.PL' and 'make' of the
DBD::Pg build.

HTH,

Gerrit
--
"All faults& bugs are mine - Robert"
    from squid/acinclude.m4,   Sun Apr 21 05:21:21 2002